GDI has pledged to donate 20% of all online sales through June 17th, 2012 (Father’s Day) to the Lone Survivor Foundation. Founded in 2010 by Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, author of the new book Service, the Lone Survivor Foundation “restores, empowers, and renews hope for our wounded warriors and their families through health, wellness, and therapeutic support.”
Some of the goals of the Lone Survivor Foundation include:
- Building a nationally recognized therapeutic ranch facility that supports wounded warriors and their
families affected by Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and serious combat injury.
- Emphasize the use of natural settings and outdoor activities to heal and empower wounded
warriors and their families through targeted recreational and sports therapy opportunities.
- Reduce the wounded service members need for narcotic pain management.
- Stabilize and enhance family structures and relationships through education, counseling, support,
and inspiration using short-term retreats and medium-term in-house care and advocacy programs.
- Identify, connect with, and establish therapeutic support for wounded warrior families that have,
for whatever reason, stalled in their healing process with primary government care systems.
- Collaborate with recognized government and non-profit agencies to provide wounded warrior
families the proper resources for their needs.